AME’s Immobilis WellHead Fatigue Management System allows operators to limit the cyclic loading and fatigue stresses on a wellhead during drilling, completions and workovers.
As BOP size and weight increase and drilling & completions operations become longer and more complex, wellhead fatigue life has come to the forefront. Whilst monitoring and FEA modelling of the fatigue in wellheads has given us a better understanding of the issues and fatigue life of a wellhead, the AME WellHead Fatigue Management System (WHFMS) now allows operators to limit the cyclic loading and fatigue stresses on a wellhead during drilling, completions and workovers.
The AME WHFMS utilizes simple clump weights that can be deployed from an anchor handling vessel over the stern roller. The ROV then connects the tether to the BOP tensioning cylinders and uses a single ROV interface panel to tension all tethers simultaneously.
• 4x 25Te Clump Weights with ROV operable tether winches
• BOP interface panel including hydraulic tension cylinders
• Tether pretensions up to 5Te dependent on seabed conditions
• Reduces cyclic loading on the well head, extends well head life and environmental conditions for operations and workovers
• Clump weights deployable and recoverable over stern
roller of anchor handling vessel
• ROV interface panel mounted on BOP allowing all 4
tethers to be tensioned simultaneously saving ROV
operations and time
• All monitoring of system conducted at a single point
on the BOP mounted panel