AME was engaged by Diamond Offshore Drilling to upgrade the Drill String Compensator (DSC) system onboard the MODU the Ocean Patriot.
- Diamond Offshore
- Ocean Patriot- whilst towing from Bass Strait to New Zealand
- August - October 2006
- Project Duration:
- Engineering - 3 weeks, Site works - 17 days
- Installation Crew:
- 3 x welder/ pipefitters, 1 x rigger/ scaffolder, 2 x rope access techs
The turn-key service provided by AME consisted of:
Download Data Sheet
- The structural analysis of the APV rack and the design of modifications necessary to support the additional 4 APVs.
- 3D pipe routing and clash checking of a new 6” air line running up the derrick and modifications required to the existing 4” lines and associated corresponding Shaffer standpipe manifold.
- Provision of fabrication drawings for all steel work, pipe supports and pipe spools.
- Steel fabrication and weld procedure/ welder qualification.
- Site installation services, for all modification and installation activities.