AME was engaged by BHP to design and fabricate four XT multipurpose transportation skids for the BHP Billiton Pyrenees oilfield development which required the installation of 17 Cameron Subsea Christmas Trees(XTs).
- BHP Billiton Petroleum
- February 2009
- Project Duration:
- 3 weeks
- Design, fabrication, seafastening design, transportation vessel deck checks, AHT deck layouts and seafastening plan
The multipurpose transportation skids allowed the XTs to be:
Download Data Sheet
- Transported from Perth to the Dampier supply base via low loader road train.
- Seafastened and transported onboard an Anchor Handling Tug (AHT) to the Ocean Epoch drill rig.
- Lifted safely with the transportation skid (as a single unit), in order to provide a means of landing the XTs on the Ocean Epoch’s pipe deck.
- Skidded along the Ocean Epoch’s cellar deck utilisng the rig’s hydraulic skidding system.